Monday, March 29, 2010

Questions.

Coupla things.

First, you may have noticed that I skipped a day or two in my allegedly daily journal. That's because you're nosy and need to mind your own business. But it's also because I've got this crazy swing shift thing going on so Saturday-Sunday, I'm either asleep, hanging out with Athena, or at work. None of those states being conducive to a blogging-type situation. Hmmm. Have to figure something out with that.

Secondly, it occurs that even though I previously said that I don't particularly care if this journal is read by anyone else, I still write as if I'm writing to someone. So what the deal? Do I secretly desire this thing to have an audience? Am I addressing myself in the future? Is it just a habit leftover from email conversations? Is there something inherent in human communication that demands the perception of an outside participant even if that participant is imagined or internalized? Did I accidentally raise a serious question in what was meant to be the setup for a stupid joke thereby derailing my train of thought and ruining this post's entire punchline?

Hmmm. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment