Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blogging from the heart.

Athena and I were at Rodeo, our local mexican joint, and she brought up something from her stress class. Her professor (Professor Stressor would be a good name for a supervillan) posited that all negative emotions stem from fear or anger. Wait...something's not right.
...stem from Fear or Anger. There we go. Supposedly, negative emotions happen either because you're scared that something might happen, or you're angry that something you did or didn't happen.

I dunno if this is an official stress-related position (which sounds dirty when you type it all out like that) but I'm not sure if I buy it. For me, I'd have to throw disappointment- sorry: Disappointment- into the mix.
It seems to me that fear- dammit: Fear- (I regret starting this joke) and Anger are very active sort of aggressive emotions. While Disappointment is a more passive set of feelings. I dunno, maybe it's not very important, but it's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment